Freeriding area Grossglockner
Located above the tree line, this area features several specially marked slopes and checkpoint panels inform about the current and local avalanche situation. For further safety, we offer avalanche training courses and guided freeriding tours all through the winter.
- ~ 15 km² of off-piste area in high Alpine terrain
- Slopes with 1.500 m difference in elevation
- Highest point: 2.989 m (Gjaidtroghöhe)
- Lowest point: 1.204 m (Winkl/Heiligenblut)
- Reliable snow conditions and big areas of treeless terrain due to altitude (2.989 m)
- Starting point for numerous high Alpine ski tours
- Snowboarding friendly – many runs right off the piste and back
- 4 marked and secured ski routes suitable for experienced skiers (10 km)
- Numerous slopes down the valley – return by ski bus
- New in winter 2015: Freeride Map "Hohe Tauern select"
Special details or infos about freeriding or the area - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Avalanche Status Report Carinthia
- Tape: 05 0536 1588
- Fax: 05 0536 22930